24 January 2009

All bagged up........

I have had so much fun putting this cute little handbag together. It is cased from Jan Tink's blog and she has so much more that I will be trying out from her blog.


The new carousel notes from the mini summer catalogue have so much use, not only for cards but off the page projects as well. I have also used chocolate chip taffeta ribbon for the handle and stitching through the carousel flap to give the handbag album more dimension. The crop a dile was very useful with getting all the holes evenly spaced around the carousel note. I also used the yummy 'Afternoon Tea' designer series paper throughout the album with chocolate chip and in colour papers that co-ordinate with this range of papers too.





Here is the inside of the album.....






Isn't she just BEAUTIFUL, those blue eyes and dimples, they get me every time she does the crawling or sweet talking thing to get her own way.




This is the centre fold of the handbag, I am yet to journal on it as I am not sure if I am going to give this as gift or keep it for myself.





This is my other darling, he has such a caring and gentle nature for everyone and loves lots of cuddles. The little title of dream big suites him to a tee as he always comes out with the most beautiful things.







Here is one of the carousel notes with both Courtney and Jacob together.....I love this moment as it usually doesn't happen very often...."boy germs" is the usual remark I receive...





And here is my darling hubby, Andrew and I.....






The altered carousel notes slide behind the pages that have been attached to the envelopes.....






Had better go and do the dishes, so until next time, hopefully tomorrow with a page layout......



xoxox



Scrapin Mel

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very unique blog.
Fantastic images. Wow...

Please visit:
http://bali-worldresorts.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.
Good luck.

Juliana said...

Love this what a beautiful family
Juliana

Kimmy said...

Another stunning master piece - you are amazing! I guess I'll be ordering me some carousel notes now, you sold them for me :)

Sue Denning said...

Mel your Handbag project is wonderful. Hope you don't mind if I case this one and share with my customers. Kiimy is right, you have sold the Carousel Notes for me also. Thanks so much for sharing.

Hugs

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin