05 January 2009

What a lovely holiday

Hello fellow bloggers, I'm back from holidays and ready to face another year or at least I feel re-freshed anyway lol!!. I have posted some of our holiday pics to show you guys what a great place the Upper Murray Holiday Resort is, You should check out their website at www.umhr.com.au , the only thing I recommend is that you pack all of you own food etc as the local corner stores are a bit on the expensive side when you are use to shopping for groceries in a city, apart from that it was just so enjoyable and hope to go back next Christmas - fingers crossed....
This was the view that we woke up to every morning.....
This is the Murray River at Walwa (5mins drive from our cabin) where the kids went swimming and fishing......


A Crimson Rosella about 2 meters away from the front of our cabin.....



A little Blue Wren that I literately chased all day to get the best photo, oh how I could of brought him home. He had a beautiful song that he sang.......


The same little wren.....


These would have to be my favourite, absolutely beautiful, King Parrots. I was able to get so close, about 1 meter away and every morning and afternoon they came in to feed. This one was of a male......


This was of a female King Parrot.....


This was of mum and her babies.....


A close up of Mr Blue Wren.....



And he he is again.....


As you can see I love our native birds. If you wish to see them in more detail just double click on the photo. I hope to be back tomorrow with some cards so until then......
Scrapin Mel

1 comment:

Juliana said...

Hi Mel glad to see you back what a beautiful place so peaceful
cant wait to see your next lot of creations :) Juliana

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin