26 March 2009

A bit of bling!!

Well, I just couldn't help myself, could I !! Being home gets a it boring after a while, so I thought I would do another entry for Keesh's sketch challenge below before I head back to work tomorrow.
I have turned the sketch on it's side to create my page. I have used retired DS paper, chocolate chip and purely pomegranate card stock. Chocolate chip ribbon, a jumbo eyelet & cropodile, bling and rub ons.


I used a compass to draw the 6in' circle before it was cut out. The small corner punch was used to create the scallop effect around the circle. The scallop, circle and slit punches were also used. The slit punch has been used for the jumbo eyelet as an anchor for a photo. I used foam dots to mat the circle and placed bling around one side to draw attention to the photo, that is when I get around to finding the right one.

A large gem brad was attached to the ribbon and closed off before I stuck the ribbon down. I have always wanted to use rub ons on ribbon and thought I would give it a try.

Here is a close up to show some more of the detail on my page. As I am not really a photographer, I find it hard to get the right angles and let's face it my camera is only a cheapie that I have had for a few years now. Must invest in a good quality one before convention, hey.

So until next time
xoxox
Scrapin Mel

5 comments:

yvonne said...

this is lovely Mel! great colours too

Anonymous said...

OH how ingenious! Very clever to turn it into a scrap page! I love the look and the layout, esp, those rhinestones around the circle! gorgeous! thanks for playing.....again! Love Keesh x

Inking Idaho said...

Mel,

Thank you for the kind comments you left on my blog. You rock darlin', thanks again!
Becky

Rachael Knight said...

Thanks for visiting my blog a while back Melissa, and posting such nice feedback. Love this layout, that circle is just gorgeous, fabulous job! Don't you wish we were getting the big shot with that large scallop die?!

Hope to meet you at Convention, I can't wait!

Kerry Parkinson said...

I really like this page, Mel, and the gorgeous bling you've added! Can you email me off blog so I can answer your email? Thanks, Kez

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin