10 March 2009

Inkspirations colour challenge # 5


I have had a lot of fun completing this challenge. When I make cards I like to also stamp up an envelope so that I am not suddenly looking for an envelope and realise that I have already used them all. So my first pic is of the envelope closed....


I have used a crimper for the bottom 3/4 of the envelope after I stamped on it in real red & blue bayou. The top third has been inked over gently with Soft Sky, scalloped cut edge and some real red ribbon....

The whisper white card stock was stamped in real red & blue bayou, before the card stock was crimped. I use textured soft sky card stock for the base of the card, and added blue bayou card, real red ribbon, hodge podge & gingham red ribbon.....


This pic shows the co-ordinating set together. I was so happy with how they turned out.....


Lastly a close up of the envelope open....
So until next time,
xoxox
Scrapin Mel

5 comments:

Julia Lim said...

Hi Mel thanks for stopping by my blog some time ago. I like how you used the crimper - would never have thought of it! I haven't finished Keesh's latest challenge yet, hope i make it on time!!

Kimmy said...

Just lovely - as always!!!

Chook said...

Hi Mel, I think your card and envelope look great. I have that stamp set so I might have to try something similar myself.

Sue Denning said...

What a nifty idea Mel. Love the idea and use of colours. Hope you don't mind if I case for a make and take. TFS.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous topper envelope and card Mel! They work wonderful with Baroque Motifs! Love it! Thanks so much for playing! Love Keesh x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin